My good friend, Beth, who is also one of the Loopies, sent me this recipe.
Beth writes, “Here is something that I usually only serve at Easter. It is green and fresh and served at room temperature.”
- 1 can Le Seur Early June Peas
- 1 can shoepeg white corn (Green Giant)
- 1 can french style green beans
- 1 small jar pimento — chopped
- 1 cup green pepper — chopped
- 1 cup celery — chopped
- 1 cup green onion — chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Drain the peas, corn, green beans and pimiento and combine. Boil the oil,
vinegar, sugar, water, salt and pepper for a few minutes. Pour the liquid
over the diced celery, onions and green pepper. Let sit a few minutes. Add
to the combined vegetables and mix lightly. Refrigerate. Will keep for days in the fridge.
Thanks, Beth! This one looks like it gets better the longer it sits!