It’s time to start thinking about making some homemade Halloween treats again. This week has probably already been loaded with sugar and high fructose corn syrup and all kinds of bad-for-you things. I’m not sure that it’s possible to completely avoid those things with kids in the house unless you have VERY strict rules about treat consumption.
Here are a few ideas for treats you can make yourself. Even though some of them contain more sugar or corn syrup than you might ordinarily indulge in, homemade is still generally a better choice.
- Homemade Caramel Candy Popcorn Balls
- Easy Homemade Peanut Butter Popcorn balls
- Brownies with an Attitude
- Homemade Halloween Crispy Rice treats
- Homemade Karmel Corn (aka Caramel Corn)
- Microwave Caramel Corn
- And some thoughts on our fun Halloween tradition
– don’t forget that we’re on Facebook AND Twitter ! Please come “Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for the very latest in the Kitchen. You can also sign up in the sidebar to get emails every time we publish a tasty new recipe.