I’m so excited to be planning Easter dinner! Spring is here (and even if it goes away for a brief snowstorm we are on our way to summer!) I’ve got a crazy week ahead of me and company coming for Easter dinner, so I need to start planning NOW.
The first question to answer is whether this will be Easter dinner or an Easter brunch. This year, I’m going for Easter dinner but let me tell you, there are some great brunch foods out there….so take your time deciding which it will be. As you look at the list below, choose according to what time of day you’re serving the meal.
If you really want to serve baked ham at brunch, that’s okay too. The point is good food, fresh fruit and veggies, and family and friends all gathered around the table together.
Easter Brunch or Dinner ideas
- Cool Rise Cinnamon Rolls
- Grandma’s Cinnamon Rolls
- Caramel Overnight French Toast
- Apple Cinnamon Baked French Toast
- Banana Bread French Toast
- Cardamom Cream Cheese Peach Braid
- Bagels, Cream Cheese and Lox
- Pigs in the Blankets
- Hot Cross Buns
- Coffee Cake
- Bacon, egg, and cheese souffles
- Spinach Swiss Quiche
- Miniature Breakfast Cheese Souffles
- Deviled Eggs
- Sesame Soy Asparagus
- Loaded Potato Salad
- Sweet Potato Lime Cilantro Salad
- Broccoli Bacon Salad
- Broccoli Slaw
- Baked Ham
- Fresh Fruit Salad
- Chicken Wild Rice Salad on Croissants
- Pork Loin with Orange Marinade
- Rack of Lamb with Mint Rosemary Marinade
- Roasted Vegetables
- Rice Krispy Easter egg treats
- Almond Florentines
- Lemon Cloud Tiramisu
- Key Lime Cheesecake
- Poached Pear and Strawberry Trifle
- Lemon Daffodil Torte
- Classic Pound Cake
And a cute, last-minute decorating idea:
Oh my, what a LOT OF FOOD! Of course I won’t be making everything on this list lest I end up with enough food for a small country. The hard part is choosing which of these delicious foods will show up on the table for Easter dinner.
I’ve found that I don’t have a clear idea of what traditional Easter food is. What about you? Are there traditional Easter foods that you’ve grown up eating and simply MUST have to really make it a proper Easter dinner?