The internet is such a wonderful place. Fifteen years ago I wondered how I’d ever find my way around and stay safe on the World Wide Web, but today it’s become a virtual home. When we switched from our free WordPress blog to our own self-hosted domain, one thing we lost was our Blogroll page. It’s time to rebuild that page with old friends and new.
Want to be on our blogroll? Leave a link to your food blog in the comments and we’ll check it out. If you would be so kind as to link back to us, we’d sure appreciate it.
The following sites are Seriously Awesome Food Sites. I’m tickled to notice that we’ve been reading some of these sites since BEFORE they hit the big time!
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks – Yep, before she was getting millions of page views and thousands of comments, we were reading what P-Dub wrote. She was hilarious back then too!
- Pinch My Salt – I first started following Nicole when she lived in Italy. Her gorgeous food photos caught my attention and I was instantly a fan.
- Southern Plate – this is a great resource for a transplant to the South!
- Gluten-Free Goddess – Karina helps me serve my GF friends amazing food.
- Simply Recipes – I love just about every recipe on this site!
- Amanda and Merrill at Food52 – Fascinating food info and recipes
Good friends and their blogs:
- Kate in the Kitchen – Kate does amazing things with vegetarian recipes
- In My Kitchen – My friend Beth writes her resourceful blog out of a love for her family and food.
- From Judy’s Kitchen – Judy’s back in the kitchen after a few months on the road.
- Laurie’s Kitchen – Delicious Recipes AND menus!
- Frugal, Fast, and Fun – Helen’s recipes are always delicious.
I also have some friends who write about a lot of things and sometimes, usually weekly, feature food:
- Teaching What is Good – Pretty much everything Kate writes about, I pay attention to.
- Hearts in Service – Terri is endlessly creative and also sells and ships some of her products through her Etsy shop.
- Chaos Cottage – I really love Pam’s weekly menus because I am seriously challenged in the area of menu-planning.
Still more foodblog favorites: some of these blogs have been our friends since the very beginning when we started My Sister’s Kitchen in 2006.
- A Veggie Venture
- Coffee and Cornbread
- Erin’s Kitchen
- Wendy-The Local Cook
- Mennonite Girls Can Cook
- Your Homebased Mom
- Noble Pig
- Cook Like Your Grandmother
- Kevin and Amanda
- Two Peas and Their Pod
The following sites aren’t cooking or recipe blogs per se, but they all have to do with food or drink that makes a Foodie’s heart glad. Some of them sell products that they will ship to you if you aren’t local:
- Bald Guy Brew – Best.coffee.ever.
- The Bread List: Owl Creek Breadworks – Bruce is a local artisan baker. Sign up for his email updates because he has awesome bread/food quotes on them every single time.
- Stick Boy Bread Company – if you’re in the NC High Country, check them out. Delicious baked goods!
- Sweets Delicious Treats – I wrote about Becky Parker’s business a couple weeks ago. Everything she makes looks great, tastes better, AND she ships all over the country.
- Northwest Sourdough – all things sourdough. An amazing site.
Handy sites with useful information:
- Online Conversion – great site for measurement conversions
- Calorie Counter and Nutritional Information
- Cooking at Altitude
- High Altitude Baking
- King Arthur Flour: Baking at Altitude
- USDA Canning Guidelines
– don’t forget that we’re on Facebook AND Twitter! “Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for the very latest in the Kitchen. You can alsosign up to get emails every time we post something new here in the Kitchen. Look on the sidebar the link to subscribe.
PS: In case anyone is very curious, this old cookbook came from my Grandma; it’s an old Pine Rest cookbook.