Why yes, yes, tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday. My true confession is this: we don’t watch the Super Bowl. We don’t actually get TV at our house, so it’s not even an option, really. But we DO go to Super Bowl parties and I DO talk to friends all the time about what makes for good Super Bowl food. Of course I have an opinion and of course that comes as no surprise to anyone who knows me!
The thing I love about Super Bowl Party food is that it’s NOT elegant, fancy, fussy food. Most of the time, you want foods you can eat without silverware or even plates. You’ll probably always need napkins though. Super Bowl Party food is a lot like one big table of appetizers. And I LOVE appetizers.
Here are some of my suggestions for a tasty afternoon/evening of watching/not watching football.
- Any kind of homemade pizza
- Buffalo Wings
- Sweet and Sour Wings
- Onion Rings
- Chicken Fingers
- Catfish Bites
- Meatballs with Marinara Sauce
- Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce
- Pigs in the blankets
- Hot Crab Dip
- Crab Rangoon (crab puffs)
- Crab cakes
- Homemade Eggrolls
- Grab-and-go Mini lasagnas
- Appetizers, appetizers, appetizers
- Chex Mix (yes, it’s not just for Christmas!)
- Chips and homemade salsa
There…that’ll get you started.
May the best team win. Here’s hoping for a debacle-free halftime and some truly entertaining commercials.
– don’t forget that we’re on Facebook AND Twitter! “Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for the very latest in the Kitchen. You can alsosign up to get emails every time we post something new here in the Kitchen. Look on the sidebar the link to subscribe.